This is another really simple but really tasty wings recipe. As always with a lot of my chicken dishes, the secret is in the marinade, and this one here is a must try.
You will need:-
- About 500g chicken wings
- 1 heaped tbsp jamaican jerk seasoning.
- 1 tbsp balsamic drizzle. (Simmer equal parts balsamic vinegar and honey till thick enough to cover the back of a spoon. Cool, cover and store in the fridge to use as needed).
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Mix all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
Clean your wings and rub/pour the marinade all over. Let marinate overnight.
Heat your pan, add the wings, skin down.
Once seared brown, flip and cook for 25 – 30 minutes till the wings are completely cooked. Lower heat and keep turning so they do not burn.
For the salad, you will need:-
- 1 ripe but firm avocado.
- Juice of one lemon.
- 1 small chopped onion.
- 2 chopped firm tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- 1 green pepper chopped.
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala.
- Mix all the vegetables except the avocado in a bowl.
- Mix the lemon juice and the chaat masala and salt.
- Peel and cube the avocado and add the the vegetables, then pour the lemon dressing. Fold in well and pour some more lemon on top. Cover and refrigerate till ready to serve.
The chicken is really spicy thanks to the jerk seasoning but not overpowering due to the underlying sweetness of the balsamic drizzle. The wings are well cooked, skin is crispy and the inside is still moist and full of flavour. The deep fried potatoes are crunchy on the outside, and go well with the tangy salad.
Perfect for that night you want to indulge a bit. So go on and give this a try. The taste, colours and aroma are all worth the effort.
One thought on “Spicy Chicken Wings and Avocado Salad.”
Looks yummy. It’s a must try!
LikeLiked by 1 person