Pineapple and mint always go well together. In juice, in a smoothie and now in this refreshing salad that is another great side dish to add to your recipe collection.
They are both rich in nutrients, aid digestion, boost immunity as they are both rich in anti oxidants that help fight inflammation, great for your skin and breath and make a very colourful plate.
All you will need for this simple and tasty salad are:-
- Half a ripe pineapple.
- Coloured capsicum, cut into thin strips. (I used red and yellow).
- 2 tablespoon’s roughly chopped mint.
- 1 lemon, juice it and grate the zest too.
- 2 tbsp honey.
- Cut the pineapple into strips and add to a bowl. I obviously used Ugandan pineapples as they are the sweetest in the world.
- Cut the capsicum too and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice and honey and mix well. You can also add any pineapple juices to that.
- Add the chopped mint and pour over the pineapple and capsicum strips.
- Add the lemon zest last before giving it a final mix.
- You can chill a bit before serving, to give the flavours time to blend in well together.
The salad goes well on its own or as an accompaniment to grilled chicken.
Try it and let me know what you think.