This is such an easy and straightforward recipe but oh so flavourful.
Since we buy our pumpkin whole here, I usually clean, peel and chop up then freeze in a ziplock bag in desired portions. It lasts ages that way.
The soup ingredients are:-
- 1 tbsp each salted butter and olive oil.
- I chopped onion.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds.
- 4- 5 cloves of garlic.
- About 3 cups pumpkin. (Peeled and chopped into cubes).
- I small head of cauliflower, chopped.
- 1 small head of broccoli, cleaned and chopped.
- 1 stalk of celery.
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger and whole turmeric.
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar.
- Mixed spice blend.
- In a sauce pan, add the coriander seeds, toast them a bit then crush roughly.
- Add the butter to the pan as well as the onion, garlic, grated turmeric and ginger.
- Cook them well and add the celery as well as the broccoli stalks.
- Next go in the rest of the vegetables and one cup of water or stock, as well as the balsamic vinegar.
- Let simmer till soft and cooked, then blend to your preferred consistency.
- Be careful with the salt due to the salted butter and if you are using flavoured stock.
Once ready, ladle into bowls and garnish.
I garnished mine with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, some cayenne and the mixed spice.
We had the soup with these totally delicious herb and cheese rolls.