As you can tell by now, I like quickbreads. They are a great option to have on hand for tea, kids’ snack option or even dessert.
I like using self raising flour as it’s easier to find here and as a mom when baking on the go it’s a better option for me.
This cake smells and tastes so good. It’s fluffy and soft and not too sweet.
Give it a try if lemon, coconut and vanilla flavors are up your alley. If not, still give it a try and be amazed at how the flavors blend in so beautifully.
• 2 cups self raising flour.
• 1 cup sugar.
• 1/3 cup desiccated coconut.
• 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional).
• 3 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla flavour.
• 1 large lemon, grate some zest and also squeeze out the juice.
• 1 cup whole milk.
• 1 cup coconut oil.
• Add the lemon juice to the milk, set aside.
• Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, expect the sugar.
• Add in the sugar with the wet ingredients so it dissolves completely.
• Mix the dry to the wet and add in the lemon zest.
• Bake in a greased pan at 180 °C for about 35- 45 minutes.
Ps: the temp and timing may vary due to differences in baking dish and even oven type. My temperamental gas oven bakes this at 40 minutes give or take.