Yes. You read right.
Ripe plantain and sweet citrus flavours of fresh tangerines blend beautifully together in fluffy goodness.
Want to make them more decadent and delicious? Add in dark chocolate and a tangerine butter sauce and you’re on the highway to flavour heaven!
To make these delicious pancakes you will need:-
• 2 really ripe plantains, that is, yellow with lots of black, means its much sweeter, and a great way to use up your overripe plantain.
• 2 cups self raising flour
• 1/3 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice.
• 1/2 cup buttermilk.
• 1 large egg.
• 1/4 cup coconut oil.
• 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
• 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate or chips.
The recipe is pretty straightforward.
Blend all the liquid ingredients, that is the egg, buttermilk, oil and the plantain till smooth. Pour into a bowl and add the flour, mix gently the batter will look something like this…
Then lastly fold in the chocolate.
Let the batter rest a bit, and make the same way you make your usual pancakes.
Soft, fluffy, sweet smelling little cakes of delight. This recipe makes 10-12 pancakes.
The best thing to serve them with?
How about a tangerine, chia and butter sauce? Yum!
I love pancakes in all forms, and this is another favorite way to make them when tangerines are in season. Definitely worth a try!